Olive Tree Lab Suite
An integrated acoustics software for indoors and outdoors
What is Olive Tree Lab Suite?
OTL Suite is a suite of 3D acoustical software applications integrated in one working environment. It's the first ever acoustical software application which offers such flexibility among calculations in various fields of acoustics, including non-homogeneous meteorological conditions, within the same environment.
These applications are: Room Acoustics, Open Plan Office, Outdoor Sound Propagation, Multilayered Structure Builder, and Sound Distribution and Scattering Polar Plotter.
Think of OTL-Suite as the equivalent of MS Office in Acoustics - many applications talking to each other seamlessly and no more transferring incompatible data from one application to another.
Why Olive Tree Lab?
- After years of using third party software and mismatch between measured data and predictions, we have developed a software where practice matches theory .
- It's developed from an acoustical engineer’s point of view.
- Although standards are needed, there are advanced acoustical methods beyond standards, which we additionally apply.
- We believe in accuracy and not estimation for both the designer and the client.
- We know how difficult it is to switch between applications, now all your acoustic needs are in one software.
- You don't have to set up another project in another software.
- We believe working with a software should be fun and not tedious.
- We believe our products are revolutionary.
- 3D Acoustical software applications in one integrated working environment.
- The first ever wave based geometrical acoustics software application.
- Spherical sound pressure (not energy) wave propagation over impedance surfaces. Also allows for plane wave propagation and absorption coefficients.
- Atmospheric Refraction and Turbulence due to non-homogeneous atmosphere.
- The first 3D acoustical software application to include a Multilayered Structure Builder based on the Transfer Matrix Method. Calculates surface impedance, sound absorption coefficients and sound transmission losses of 3D model entities.
- Sound Distribution and Scattering Polar Plotter.
- Room Acoustics
- Open Plan Office
- Outdoor Sound Propagation
- Source Directivity, OTL can now also import CLF files that represent the directivity of the sources.
- Head Related Transfer Function. This response characterizes how the human ear receives sound in 3D space.
- Unique Visualization Features.
How it works
Methodologies and Standards
- ISO 9613-1: 1993(E): Acoustics - attenuation of sound during propagation outdoors - Part I: Calculation of the absorption of sound by the atmosphere. International Standards Organisation,1993.
- ISO 3382-1:2009 (E) : Acoustics - Measurement of room acoustic parameters - Part 1: Performance Spaces
- ISO 3382-2:2008: Acoustics -- Measurement of room acoustic parameters -- Part 2: Reverberation time in ordinary rooms
- ISO 3382-3:2012: Acoustics - Measurements of room acoustic parameters - Part 3: Open Plan Offices
- IEC 60268-16:2011, Sound system equipment - Part 16: Objective rating of speech intelligibility by speech transmission index
- Olive Tree Lab-Acoustics Lib methodology based on a great number of scientific literature
- PEMARD's Framework
Live Sound Affecting Communities
using Atmospheric Refraction
Now, Live Sound Affecting Communities can be Modeled by OTL-Suite, Taking Into Account Atmospheric Refraction
OTL-Suite’s Meteo side panel, other than calculating atmospheric refraction effects for wind turbine farms, can also be used to model the effects of sound propagation from open venues such as stadiums to nearby communities. Such modelling greatly assists both concert organizers and local authorities alike in assessing the impact of loud sound events.
Example of Multilayered Structure Builder
The Multilayered Structure Builder in OTL Suite calculates the following: