EASE - Address
- EASE Address is a software that allows the modeling of distributed loudspeaker systems in two dimensions. Comparable to a Reader-software it is based on the GLL system definition files (.GLL) required for its use. These files can be created by means of the EASE SpeakerLab Software and contain the data that defines a ceiling or wall-mounted loudspeaker with regard to its geometrical and acoustical properties.
- EASE Address is publicly available and it is free. It cannot be licensed directly, rather loading a selected system definition (GLL) file constitutes the relation to a manufacturer. The maintenance and the extension of the EASE Address Software is carried out by AFMG.
EASE SpeakerLab Software
- By means of the EASE SpeakerLab Software and a special authorization file, a documented text format (.XGLL), that describes the geometrical and acoustical properties of a loudspeaker, can be translated into a binary, compiled format (.GLL). These binary definition files represent the basis for the EASE Address Software.
- EASE SpeakerLab and an authorization file are provided by AFMG after the purchase of a manufacturer-specific licence.
- EASE Address is a software that allows the modeling of acoustic sources, in particular distributed loudspeaker systems, in two dimensions. It only considers the direct field, created by the addition of the sound contributions of the individual loudspeakers.
- The design of EASE Address is targeted at the end user, but also at the R&D engineer. Therefore great efforts are made to create an intuitive and consistent interface, which agrees with modern user interface design principles.
- The purpose of EASE Address is to provide both, the end user, who needs to quickly develop a simple design for a ceiling loudspeaker system, as well as the developer, with a tool that allows the easy and quick prediction of the system performance in a given hall.
- The applicability of EASE Address is quite extended compared to conventional 2D ceiling loudspeaker simulation software. Outstanding is that it is not fixed to a single product. A GLL configuration file allows the definition of the loudspeaker properties in an ASCII text format. Thus, additional loudspeakers can be introduced at any time by additional configuration files, already existing loudspeakers can be updated, without changes to a single line of code in the software. This makes EASE Address a generic software.
- The scientific base of EASE Address stems from EASE, the professional electro- and room acoustic simulation software developed by Ahnert Feistel Media Group. EASE Address is also created by AFMG